Introduction to the eVALUate system
eVALUate is Curtin's online system for gathering and reporting students' perceptions of their learning experiences.
eVALUate for Student Feedback
Students can give feedback about their unit and their teacher: these are two separate surveys.
- The eVALUate Unit Survey asks students their perceptions of what helps and hinders their achievement of unit learning outcomes, their motivation and engagement, and their overall satisfaction with the unit.
- The eVALUate Teaching Survey asks students to give feedback to individual teachers on their teaching effectiveness.
The eVALUate Unit Survey is automatically available online for all undergraduate and postgraduate coursework units at all of Curtin's Australian campuses and at the following offshore campuses:
- Curtin Sarawak
- Curtin Singapore
- Charles Telfair Institute
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
- HKUSPACE - the University of Hong Kong School of Professional and Continuing Education
- Dongbei University of Finance and Economics
- Nanjing Audit University
The eVALUate Teaching Survey is available to all teachers (upon request) at Curtin's Australian campuses and at Curtin Sarawak.
Each year there are six eVALUate main events that include units in Curtin's 'major' study periods (e.g. Semesters 1 and 2, Trimesters 1, 2 and 3) and many 'minor' study periods (e.g. Trimesters 1B to 3B, Study Period 1, etc). The six main events are: Summer, Semester 1, Semester 2, Trimester 1, Trimester 2 and Trimester 3. To find out which study periods are included in these eVALUate main events see Dates.